After Sales Support Technician
BBA Pumps® is a leading manufacturer of portable pump equipment. Our pump solutions offer our customers the lowest cost of ownership and unparalleled reliability. Our dedicated team and world-wide partners offer our customers excellence in both product and support. BBA Pumps is currently seeking candidates to become a part of our growing operations in North America. We currently have a position open for an
After Sales Support Technician
based in North Charleston, SC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for after sales customer technical support and service.
Great opportunity for the right candidate to get in on the ground floor of BBA Pumps’ North American operation. Our parent company, BBA Pumps BV, is based in The Netherlands and established in 1945. We are the leading pump manufacturer in Europe and have a worldwide network to support our customer base. The North American Operations is growing at a fast pace and looks to build a team that will help continue our growth. The right candidate will have an essential role in our rapidly growing NA Operation and help propel BBA Pumps to a higher level of professionalism and customer support.
Overview of Specific Responsibilities:Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following; provide technical service and support to our customers, office and support staff. Maintain constant contact with the inside & outside sales team. Report directly to the General Manager.
- 75% of the time may be spent in the office, warehouse and yard, while another 25% of your time may be spent traveling to customer locations to provide support & training. These percentages of time may vary depending on the work load at the given time;
- Ensure a safe work environment by working within all company safety and legal policies;
- Provide technical services and support to customers. This may include hands-on support, smart technology support, diagnosis of electronic equipment and general maintenance of mechanical equipment, along with pump related repairs;
- Work closely with the office and support staff to achieve the highest levels of communication possible;
- Generate reports, training programs and follow-up processes;
- Review daily, weekly and monthly reports and provide regular feedback to the General Manager;
- Prepare, load and unload equipment, inventory and customer orders when necessary;
- Assisting where necessary in the development of solutions to customer service problems;
- Perform other duties assigned by the General Manager;
- Participates in after hours and emergency response efforts.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience with construction related equipment with a focus on portable diesel driven pumps;
- Experience work with and on diesel engines;
- Experience with electronic control systems for diesel engines. Tier 4 diesel engine and control systems highly desirable;
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office.
Additional Job Requirements
- Produce professional levels of work that are accurate and complete;
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must;
- Comprehensive knowledge of diesel engines;
- Strong telephone, text and email communication skills;
- Customer service aptitude;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Lift, bend, stoop, squat, crouch and kneel, sit or stand for long periods of time;
- Must be physically able to work on a jobsite and / or warehouse environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 100lbs. These activities may include bending, squatting, crouching and reaching;
- Ensure on-going compliance with all safety protocols;
- Mechanical aptitude; preferably in a customer-focused environment;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong, positive, can-do attitude;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to travel nationally. Eligible to obtain a passport;
- Must pass background like MVR, drug and reference checks.
7222 Cross Park Drive
North Charleston, SC 29418
Operating hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Hours may vary due to customer demand and needs
Send your résumé to email@example.com for consideration.